Thursday, September 13, 2012

High learning curve, little time

One of my other interests is cycling, and luckily my city has a pretty good social bike scene. we've started a semi-annual event called the Tweed Ride. This isn't original to us here in Calgary by any means.

I didn't go to the spring Tweed Ride because... well I didn't have any tweed. I did want to change that in time for Fall Tweed, which is the last Friday of the month. And I still didn't have any tweed!

Well, I've changed that a bit. I now have a nice tweed blazer, and it's something that i will wear all the time, rather than relegate it to costume status. I also picked up a pair of tweed pants that I'm going to cut to calf length to wear as cycling knickers. I already have a couple pairs of knee high cuffed socks that would work well.

And i'm knitting a waistcoat of my own design.

i swatched for it eight times before I settled on the cable pattern I wanted. I took my measurements and drew a quick schematic and I just started knitting it today.

I have...twelve days to complete the knitting, so time for blocking, and putting on the buttons and such.

I haven't found the blouse I'm going to wear under it. I might just wear my merino base layer and call it good. But the designing was an interesting experience. I'll keep track of it.

No comments: