Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Adventures in Bargain Yarn - Sean Sheep Armytage

I'm not going to call this sweater an original design or anything like that. I'm getting the cable stitches out of vogue stitchionary, and I don't think it's quite cricket.

Yeah I'm doing all the work of calculating how it works and everything, but eh. this is more of an exercise than anything else.

I'm not going with an allover Aran. I'm just doing a motif down the center front and back and down the arms, and that's basically it. I'm not going to get the stitch definition I would want for a formal aran, so I will save that for a better wool. like cascade 220, because I love that yarn.

Right now I'm doing a bit of calculation about how to place the cable motif while I'm doing the raglan increases and such. it's just a bit of marking the charts I wrote up, really. then once I've done that I can get rolling on seriously knitting it. It'll be nice to have for cool days, and I know i've got plenty of those. I swear spring is never going to come...

No comments: